1. Clear Expectations
- Our “Standards Matrix” documents what we’ve agreed to teach, monitor, and enforce.
2. Explicitly Taught
- Each area or activity in the matrix is accompanied by a lesson plan.
- A schedule for teaching and re-teaching behaviors is used.
3. A System for Increasing Desired Behavior (Rewards)
- A series of rewards and recognition systems is developed and used, to encourage positive and appropriate behaviors.
- (Honest, Optimistic, Work Hard, Lead by example).
4. A System for Decreasing Undesired Behavior (Major/Minor List, Flow Chart)
- A correction system is developed and used, with clear steps to be taken, depending on whether the behavior is major or minor. This section contains definitions, examples, and a flow chart of how to respond to each level of behavior.
5. A System for Data-Based Decision-Making (SWIS, Kickboard)
- Data answers two important questions. Are we…