Statement of Behavioral Purpose
LA Promise Charter Middle School #1 is dedicated to cultivating a healthy and safe community where respect, perseverance, and a positive outlook encourage students towards socio-emotional and academic success.
What is PBIS?
PBIS is an acronym for Positive Behavior Interventions and Support. It creates a multi-tiered system of supports.
It is a school-wide integration of:
- A systems approach for building capacity: everyone works together.
- A process for capacity building: we use the process to achieve an outcome.
- A continuum of behavior supports: appropriate supports for all students.
- Prevention focused efforts: it is more effective to prevent than to remediate.
- Instructionally focused: the best prevention is good instruction.
- Empirically sound practices: we use what has been shown to work.
- Assessment information analyzed and used on a frequent basis.
The goal of PBIS is to help all students acquire the social-behavioral skills and emotional intelligence and academic skills to have a fulfilling life. In order to achieve this, we are committed to create environments that are physically and emotionally safe, where teachers can teach and all students can learn.